Everyone should have a side hustle!
I came across this video on Youtube “Side hustle new norm for working Canadians: survey” by CBC News that explains that one-third of Canadians have a side activity:
People start a side hustle mainly to make more money when
their full-time is not sufficient to pay their bills. But beyond the financial
gain, there are a lot of other benefits you can gain. I have listed my top 3 below:
1. Build multiple sources of incomes
![]() |
| Image Source |
Having a side business means that you are making extra
money. You can take a trip with your
family to a destination you always wanted to go to. You can save for a down
payment and invest in your future home. We all have lists of things we would
like to do if we had extra cash.
Just think about the idea of being able to spend money on things you want without too much worry. And more money also means more flexibility
Just think about the idea of being able to spend money on things you want without too much worry. And more money also means more flexibility
2. Pursue your passion
I love planning and organizing. I also love travelling. I also love
planning trips. I imagined myself working as a travel agent and going around
the world with my clients (while taking time off for my full-time job).
I did not start a travel business (yet) but if I do I will get to pursue an opportunity I don’t get to explore in my full-time job. Are you an
electrician who loves music? You can try to teach music lessons on your days
off. Are you an IT consultant who loves real estate? You can get your real estate
or mortgage broker license and sell homes during weekends. Are you a lawyer who
loves to decorate? Start your own interior design business on the side. The opportunities
are endless.
3. Discover new unknown opportunities
3. Discover new unknown opportunities
If you always wanted to start your meal catering business
but you are not sure if you will get a lot of clients and make enough money
to pay your bills. You can start by cooking during the weekends, and spend time advertising
your business. Once it takes off you can quit your day job and start saving
towards your future restaurant.
Another scenario is that having a side hustle allows you to
test a potential career change. The advantage you will gain can help you in
your future career or make yourself more valuable at your current job. You will
build new skills and gain new experiences which will help to find the new job
you always wanted. If you made some money on the side building website and
managing social media communities, you can eventually apply for a Digital Marketer
role at your company and highly these experiences in your resume.
Are you convinced that you should start a side hustle today? What other benefits can you think of?
Sources
Irfan Ahmad. (2018. Side job. Retrieved from URL https://www.digitalinformationworld.com/2018/10/should-i-start-a-side-hustle-flow-chart.html
Are you convinced that you should start a side hustle today? What other benefits can you think of?
Sources
Irfan Ahmad. (2018. Side job. Retrieved from URL https://www.digitalinformationworld.com/2018/10/should-i-start-a-side-hustle-flow-chart.html

Comments
Post a Comment