How to start your side activity?


After discovering what a side hustle was, you may be wondering how to get started on your new activities. You do not need investors or employees to get started. Just you and your motivation. You will probably start your new activity from your home.

Image Source

Most side hustle businesses start by providing the service or product to a few people around us. For example, if you speak French and sometimes translate documents for your workplace or friends and family, you may think about starting your own translation services on the side. 
Or if you are always coaching your friends and family and giving them advice on personal development, start your coaching business. 
Usually, people are encouraged to start by people close to them. If you are a coworker who is a great baker, you can encourage her to start posting her creation online to get started

I came across some great advice on this article online written by Aliza Licht:
“Nicole Lapin is a financial expert, TV correspondent, and author of the best-selling books, Boss Bitch & Rich Bitch: 
When you are contemplating starting a side hustle Lapin suggests,
·        Start by first writing down your skills, hobbies, or elements of big projects that you've done, and focus on the ones you're great at (be honest!), but also enjoy.
·        Once you've narrowed your list down, do a little googling to figure out a base rate earning potential for each skill set, be honest about the amount of time per week you have available, and make sure you know the initial investment needed.
·        Are there potential side-hustles that would require you to purchase a lot of equipment but won't make a lot of money? Nix those. Focus on the ones that have a low initial investment, yield good money for the hours put in, and could potentially turn into a career.”

Here are my 7 tips to get started:

  1. Determine what service or product you want to offer
  2. Understand what your unique value proposition is
  3. Evaluate your skillset
  4. Choose an area where you are passionate
  5. Manage your time
  6. Pick an idea that people will want to see
  7. Find a hustle that won’t conflict with your full-time job and doesn’t require a huge investment upfront.
I personally thought about how to start my side hustle business. I thought that I wanted to be a personal organizer (remember Marie Kondo?) but I realized that I only like to organize my own home and space, not other people’s. I also wanted to be a travel agent but I realized that a travel agent doesn’t really travel.
My dream side hustle will be a destination wedding planner. I loved planning my own destination wedding. I loved using technology tools to plan. I love travelling. Now I just have to get started 😊

Did I miss anything? Let me know in the comments

Source

Comments

  1. The problem is that I don't have a passion that is monetizable... I've heard about ikigai

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to pick your side hustle?

The challenges of a side hustle